Re-post of Chopin photo! Check it out.

Welcome to Non-Cello Chat. This is the place for cellists to discuss issues other than cello-related topics. Controversial topics like politics and religion are not welcome on Non-Cello Chat; go to our "Controversial Chat" board for these issues.
Geemusic
Reticent CelloChatter

16 Mar 2017, 19:26 #1

Some sort of glitch here as my posts are bouncing over to non cello chat. Here is a newly discovered photo of Chopin!!! This is the rarest of events. Enjoy!

http://cultura.elpais.com/cultura/2017/ ... 45628.html

iamnycellist
Reticent CelloChatter

16 Mar 2017, 21:31 #2

Wow, it's funny how the immoderators choose to be consistent... Great post, stupid policy

Ellen Cello
Reticent CelloChatter

17 Mar 2017, 18:36 #3

Great photo, way cool! No glitch, all moderator. Next time you might want to include something about cello playing to avoid being moved. Image

Geemusic
Reticent CelloChatter

17 Mar 2017, 19:37 #4

Ellen Cello wrote:
Great photo, way cool! No glitch, all moderator. Next time you might want to include something about cello playing to avoid being moved. Image
I don't think it is that, Ellen, as I already mentioned his works for cello and piano there. Anyone can recognize his importance for cellists and some may even garner interpretive ideas from such a photo. I certainly do, although I understand others may not be able to see the connections, thus, by moving a post, leaving an erroneous impression that the post is not cello related.
I also believe that a moderator would be, well, moderate, and would defer to the choices and wishes of those posting, especially if the post has considerable historic significance, as does this photo of Chopin. Any moderator I know would leave the post where it was placed, thus showing respect for the wishes of the poster who took the time to place it there for the benefit of those in the community, as well as for the intent of the poster, whoever misunderstood by that moderator. I think this is especially true when the poster specifically and clearly requests that the post be left where it was placed. This is certainly the atmosphere here on this cello board, one of respect for others, deference for others' intent, wishes, talents, as well  as  appreciation for those who post here on their free time.

For these reasons and others I am sure this is a glitch.

Last edited by Geemusic on 17 Mar 2017, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.

Ellen Cello
Reticent CelloChatter

17 Mar 2017, 20:50 #5

I hope you're right Geemusic. I suppose my own experiences over the years have left me a little jaded. Anyway, I enjoyed the photo and am glad I saw it before it was moved. Image

karenlee
Reticent CelloChatter

18 Mar 2017, 12:41 #6

Yes, it was a glitch. I feel certain that as more and more readers understand and agree it was a glitch, the Chopin post will reappear in greater numbers -- more and more each day-- in numerous inappropriate locations, eventually flooding the board's forums, and driving the tireless moderator to hospitalization due to exhaustion. Such is life when dealing with the inexplicable.
Last edited by karenlee on 19 Mar 2017, 01:35, edited 3 times in total.
Schläft ein Lied in allen Dingen,

die da träumen fort und fort,

und die Welt hebt an zu singen,

triffst du nur das Zauberwort.

Joseph von Eichendorff

iamnycellist
Reticent CelloChatter

18 Mar 2017, 15:50 #7

Hehehehe!

etsisk
Reticent CelloChatter

18 Mar 2017, 17:33 #8

Who actually IS the mod, these days? I haven't been around for forever and apprised Tim of that ahead of time, of course. And who's got the job now?
Tom

Wag more, bark less.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went...

Ellen Cello
Reticent CelloChatter

18 Mar 2017, 23:00 #9

Haha Karenlee!Image Tom, Bob is the moderator. Threads are now moved out of Cello Chat on a regular basis. 

iamnycellist
Reticent CelloChatter

19 Mar 2017, 03:22 #10

Isn't this, in truth, a re-re-re-re-re-post? Someone needs a spanking, and it isn't David ;-)